Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Jour 207: Sit at a Cafe all day Writing your Philosophy

"In France, buying an "expres" in any cafe entitles you to sit there for as long as you like. Thus it provides the perfect opportunity for French people of all ages to write voluminous tomes on how they see life, which are never less than compelling. Most famous is Jean-Paul Sartre's "Being and Nothingness" which at 1564 pages, was well worth the price of the "expres". Vacationing at Home? Sit in a sports bar. Your philosophy may have to be shorter than the full French deal though, as staff are less sympathetic and might kick you out after a bit."

Being that I had to work today, I didn't quite have the luxury of time to spend in a cafe. But I did make myself a nice cup of coffee and sit outside for a few minutes. Gotta enjoy the little things I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment