Sunday, February 26, 2012

Day 57

"Today, try a food that scares you."

This biggest problem with this was trying to think of somewhere that would sell "scary" foods. Not many places around will carry anything too out-of-the-ordinary. Also, being at culinary school I've gotten try many different types of foods that some would consider scary. One thing I've never tried, however, is frog legs. Frog legs are typically the kind of "out there" food that most people would think of. And as far as scary goes,I'm not afraid to admit that I am a 6'2", 250lb man and I am terrified of frogs. I've literally ran away from a 9 year old girl chasing me with a frog for 20 minutes before. FUCK frogs. That being said, I decided that frog legs would definitely be the way to go.

Everything I've heard said that they tasted almost exactly like chicken, so why not just cook them like chicken? They actually came out extremely well. They do, as the saying goes, taste like chicken. But! Frog legs have much more meat and less bone than chicken wings, so I actually preferred these to the standard wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment