Monday, February 27, 2012

Day 58: Decide what Skills to Pass onto your Family

"Families are the nuclei of society, cells of history and knowledge through which wisdom and morals are transmitted from generation to generation and beyond. What age-old traditions and skills define your family? Make a conscious effort to inculcate them in your children and grandchildren."

I think that once I have children, I definitely want to pass down some outdoors-type skills. I was in the Boy Scouts for most of my life, and I feel that the skills I learned during that time are valuable traits that will always be useful. Even with the changing of times, if you know how to keep yourself alive just using what you can in nature, you'll be much better off than somebody who doesn't know how to.

No comments:

Post a Comment