Thursday, September 13, 2012

Day 257: Stay in Bed All Day

"Guidelines for calling in sick: If possible, leave a message for your boss before he gets in. Before calling, convince yourself you really are sick. Double bluff: avoid over elaborate excuses. Simple ones are best e.g. "I feel sick." If pressed on specific symptoms, mention something socially embarrasing like "I've spent half the night on the toilet." to end their line of questioning. Good things to do in Bed: sleep; curl up in fetal position; hug a pillow; listen to the world outside at work; sniffle/cough/wheeze; read a trashy novel; talk to Mom on the phone under the duvet; stroke that cat/dog/yourself'; write a long letter to a distant relative; feel a bit sorry for yourself."

Unfortunately, I didn't have the opportunity to stay in bed today. I do however have a nice relaxing weekend starting tomorrow, so I'm sure to spend plenty of my time all curled up and watching TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment