Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Day 172: No Sleep Day

"We only sleep seven to nine hours a night out of social convention. Indeed there is evidence that too much sleep is harmful. Famous French Emperor Napoleon managed with only 4 hours and thus found time to conquer Europe. Tonight, don't got to bed at all and discover what you can achieve in the extra time."

To say that today was a challenging day would be a gross understatement. Those of you who know me, know that I'm more often than not asleep. Rather than simply not going to bed for a night, I decided to stay awake for a full 24 hours. The first few hours weren't too bad, I just got to stay up and watch movies with my friends. But after they had gone to bed, I needed to find ways to amuse myself during the wee hours. I wasted a bunch of time browsing around online, which is kind of what I normally do anyway. Around 4am, I decided to take a leisurely stroll around campus and take in some of the sights that I never really noticed before. This place is actually really nice when you have it all to yourself. I also took some time to enjoy the sunrise this morning, which I haven't done in a LONG time, so that was especially nice. The rest of the day pretty much went like any other day, aside from being exceptionally tired and a little bit dizzy. While it was nice to see how long I can go for, this isn't something I would suggest that anyone do this. It's really nothing special to get excited about. Now if you'll excuse me, I have an appointment with the inside of my eyelids that I think I may be running late for.

No comments:

Post a Comment