Saturday, April 14, 2012

Day 105: Lie to Someone About Your Past

"There are four main types of lie about one's past, all designed to enhance one's reputation; 1 White Lie: My First word was "symposium", 2 Blatant Lie: I'm descended through my mother's side from Attila the Hun, 3 Lies no one can check: I used to work for the CIA, but the paperwork was too stifiling, 4 Lies no one wants to check: The really bungled my sex change operation."

Today, while at Hannafords, I decided to buy a Uniq Fruit. When asked by the cashier why I was buying such a strange fruit, I responded with a Number 3 Lie: I am the produce purchaser for Burlington Food Service and I was looking into some new products to stock for restaurants. She fully bought into it, and was asking me questions about what the job actually entails. It was a little hard to come up with things on the spot, but it was definitely worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment