Friday, January 20, 2012

Day 20: Poetry Day

"Today, everyone is to send in a line to create the world's longest poem. They will be collated as they are emailed to www.thiswebsitewillchangeyourlife.com, and the result published across the world as soon as a suitable final line is deemed to have been found and we think of a good title. The opening line is: Mercy, Cried the Popinjay to the Pope"

Being that their site has been down for quite some time, I decided to recruit Facebook to write the poem for me. The result is as follows:

"Mercy, cried the Popinjay to the Pope,
Do I not deserve from you a reprieve?
 Your God deprives me any guise of hope.
but, quoth the Popinjay, does not hope spring eternal from the breast?"

Not too shabby. I was kind of hoping for more responses, but this will certainly do. Thanks everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment