Monday, October 8, 2012

Day 282

"Today, a test of faith in humanity: deliberately abandon The Book in a public place and see if anyone returns it. They should find your details at the front, but for added security, feel free to write them a little message here outlining how much it means to you. The truly paranoid may want to hide behind a tree and watch, but be warned: if you look at the world cynically, the world will match your low expectations."

Since I never wrote any of my information in the front, I left a note in The Book explaining how to return it to me and how much I would really appreciate it. I then left The Book sitting on the table in our dorm's common area and waited to see. To be honest, I definitely had to check a few times. I got worried, mostly because I know how the residents here treat other people's property. To my surprise though, somebody was nice enough to bring it back down to me, safe and sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment