Thursday, August 23, 2012

Day 236

"Today, test the butterfly effect: chase a butterfly away from its flight pattern to disrupt meteorological systems worldwide. The butterfly effect explained: The butterfly effect dramatically illustrates chaos theory. The idea is that very small impossible-to-measure initial changes in complex systems can have huge effects. Thus to quote Edward Lorenz, "the flap of a butterfly's wings in Brazil can set off a tornado in Texas."

I didn't think I was going to be able to do this one, seeing as how there really aren't many butterflies around here normally. But on my way to my car, I actually saw a butterfly sitting on a rock and decided to shoo it away. I haven't seen any major changes so far, but I guess we'll have to wait for any major weather catastrophes.

No comments:

Post a Comment