Monday, July 16, 2012

Day 198: Have a good Cry

"Research has revealed that crying is good for us, indeed that it is physiologically essential. There are three different types of tears: 1. Basal Tears, that keep our eyes lubricated. 2. Reflex Tears, when a foreign body gets into or irritates our eyes. 3. Emotional Tears, when we react psychologically to something. Emotional tears contain chemically higher levels of manganese and prolactin hormone. Losing these through crying keeps depression away. This is why we feel better after a good cry."

I don't know exactly what qualifies a "good" cry, but I did get myself to cry a bit this morning. I just thought about a lot of things that I tend to keep bottled up. It was party due to stress at work, but mostly still grieving over the death of my good friend Mariah. I really tend to keep my emotions bottled up, but it always feels good just to let it out sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment