Saturday, June 23, 2012

Day 175


Today's task for the book was to "Go on strike", but in light of recent events I don't think I can do this one today. This morning, I received the terrible news that one of my very good friends had lost her long battle with a bad illness. Mariah was an amazing person who brightened the life of everyone she knew. She was one of my best friends, and one the the very small group I kept in contact with after high school. I could recall countless times of the weird shenanigans we would all get into and all the great times we would have together. She was also one of my few friends that has actually followed what I've done for The Book and what I've been posting on this blog. We had actually made plans not too long ago that I would get her a copy of The Book for Christmas and we would try doing it together next year. Continuing on The Book today just wouldn't feel right knowing that she wouldn't be able to read it and get a good laugh in.

Mariah was by far one of the strongest people I've ever known. Even in the face of everything that she went through, she had a positive outlook and always found a way to laugh about things. Whenever I would talk to her, I always felt that if she could go through everything that she had to, I could make it through my dumb, trivial little problems. While we're all sad to see her go, especially so young, we can remember that she isn't suffering anymore and her fight is over. We all love you so much Mariah, and I hope that you can finally rest easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment