Sunday, June 17, 2012

Day 169: Speak only in clichés

"In this day and age in the final analysis you're got to grab the bull by the horns and give one hundred and ten percent if you want to stay ahead of the game. After all, it's a dog-eat-dog world where the fat cat powers that be will stab you in the back with a crushing blow if you don't come up to scratch and you won't know what hit you so don't get caught napping with your pants down - because then unless you get your act together and cut the mustard, you're well and truly up or a rude awakening, at least according to the doom merchants. Though let's not make a drama out of a crisis; look on the bright side: even if it all goes pear shaped and you're left in the lurch, your heart is in the right place and now so long as you can keep your head above water and the wolf from the door, you'll be able to spend time with your family and get away from it all. Anyway, let's do lunch so I can rub it in. Have a nice day."
I know I normally use clichés pretty often, for obvious reasons, but I didn't notice that I had used them any more than I normally would.

No comments:

Post a Comment