Monday, June 4, 2012

Day 156: Redesign an everyday product

"In 1983, British inventor James Dyson redesigned the vacuum cleaner and made a fortune. Pick an everyday object that everyone in the world uses and find a way of improving it."

I've actually had something in mind that I think would be really useful.
Whenever I use my knife for an extended period of time, I've always found that where I grip it on the blade between my index finger and thumb always ends up giving my a blister or otherwise becoming very sore. I think it would be great to have a small silicone guard that you could put over that part of your knife, kind of like those things you used to get in middle school for your pencils. It would reduce the irritation to your hand, as well as providing a stronger grip on the knife. As far as I've been able to find, there currently isn't anything like this being sold. I definitely think that this could be a great improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment