Sunday, February 12, 2012

Day 43

"This evening, write a proper diary account of your day. If Winston Churchill found time to write in his diary when he was busy fighting World War II, so can you."

I woke up this morning around 8:30. I had a very strange dream that my one-year-old niece had suddenly gained the ability to speak and was yelling at me for not watching TV with her. Sarah and I were expecting a friend to come over for breakfast so we got up and began to get ready. It took a bit to actually get out of bed (no surprise there) and I ended spending about 20 minutes on Reddit before actually getting up and getting the day going. It turns out, as Sarah found out via text, that our friend had not slept very well the night before and she told us that she was not coming over for breakfast. We went downstairs and began to get breakfast together. Sarah said that since I had cooked last night, she would make breakfast. While she cooked, I sat down to the last half of an episode of The Twilight Zone; once that was over Juno came on and I was pretty excited. We ate breakfast and then got dressed, and then I went out to warm up the car. We drove back to my house and I began helping my mom prepare for dinner. We had recently be given a 28 pound turkey, we were going to roast it and my grandparents and aunt were coming over for dinner. I buttered up the turkey with some various herbs and spices and my mom made the stuffing for it. I also made some homemade cranberry sauce which came out very interestingly; Normally I use fresh or frozen cranberries but all they had at the store were dried. After finishing all that needed to be done for dinner, I decided to relax for a bit. I turned on some TV and designed labels for the five beers that we had brewed and recently tasted in class. While I did this, Sarah sat with me and worked on a scarf she was knitting. Making the labels took up a good portion of the afternoon, so by the time I was done it was already time to start finishing dinner. I helped my mom put the leaf into our kitchen table and then set it with plates and silverware and such. We all ate dinner and waited for my dad to come home from guards. After dinner, I helped to clear dishes from the table and then went and relaxed a bit more while my parents did the dishes. Once we were all settled and relaxed for a bit, Sarah and I went to our friend's house to watch movies. We made some kettle corn and watched Pirate Radio. This turned out to become one of my favorite movies of all time. Very funny and it carries a good strong message. We returned home tired, and got ready for bed. Before going to bed though, I had promised my brother that I would play the new Soul Calibur game with him for a bit. All in all, it was a pretty good day. I don't like how these shorts weekends home go by so quickly, but I don't have too much longer left at school and soon enough I'll be able to spend all my time here with friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment