Sunday, January 8, 2012

Day 8: Addiction-Free Day


"Your body is your temple. Cut out addictive substances for the day and see how much purer you feel. Special Tip for any book owners addicted to Crack Cocaine: You may not feel purer immediately. Stick at this one for at least a couple of months to see the full lifestyle benefits."

Being that I'm not terribly addicted to much else, I decided to go the full day without internet. Usually, the first thing I do in the morning and the last thing I do before bed is check my Facebook and email. Wasting time online is something I do almost constantly without even realizing it. One minute I'll be trying to work on homework, and then I've spent like 45 minutes watching Dude Perfect videos on YouTube for no apparent reason. So today, I wanted to focus my attention on more important things. Well, at least different things at any rate.

I woke up relatively early and went to the gym for a bit. I came back and had lunch, then went grocery shopping for dinner. Started dinner and played some video games, watch TV etc. I wanted to work on some homework, but I realized that the only homework that I needed to do required the internet, so that was out. Overall, not going online wasn't as hard as I thought it might be. I have plenty of other things to do around here, so maybe I can do other things instead of constantly doing nothing on the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment